Monday 5 January 2015

Fadin' Daze

Well a very Happy New Year to all of you lovelies! I posted today's post on Instagram back when I did it like 11 months ago, intending to create the matching blog post immediately afterward, but you guys know how ridiculously slack I am! So it's been the better part of a full year and I'm just getting round to it now. Big slaps on the wrist for me! I still wanted to do this post though, in the hopes that it serves as evidence and/or inspiration for anyone starting out with nail stuff. Yeah it's another before-and-after, but this time it's Gradient Style! Check it!





Do any of you remember "Fail Fridays" here on RTFP? When I was posting (semi-)regularly, I tried to use Fridays to share some of my epic nail-fails in the hopes that people could have a good giggle at my shocking lack of skillz. Today's post is a Fail Friday mani that I re-did to show that with time, desire and practice, there's hope for any budding nail artist! First, I want you to admire the 'before":
Isn't that just stunning? Wowzers, it gets better every time... I think (I'm pretty sure) I used OPI Steady As She Rose, Do You Lilac It? and Lincoln Park After Dark. I used an eyeshadow applicator to sponge the colours over one another, assuming they would do the blending themselves. Yeeeeeeeah they didn't. In an effort to smooth everything out, I added a generous amount of OPI Princesses Rule! over top, and finished with a top coat. 

Now for the "after"...:
Better technique, application, clean-up, and photography! Woo! Yay for improvements. I actually wore this one for a few days 'cause I liked how it turned out so much. For this one I used Ye Olde Sammersaurus Technique which works infinitely better and is relatively idiot-proof (as seen here!). I used OPI Steady As She Rose again, but I was out of the other two (yes I do finish polishes!) so I used Essie Play Date and China Glaze Urban Night, with a thin finishing layer of OPI Princesses Rule!
Kinda cool, yeah? A little patience, a lot of practice, and there's the proof that it can be done! For any of you fellow meme-lovers out here, I posted this on Instagram at the time too:
That's all folks! That's all I wanted to share. Thanks for any / all of you who have stuck by me through these bouts of absence! I am still painting, not very often but the love is still there, and I'm still checking in on all you awesome peoples on IG. I know I say this a lot, but I really do want to try to post more often! Hopefully I'll have a bit more of a handle on my time management this year as my job becomes a bit more defined. I've just been saying "yes!" to everything, so it's consumed my whole life, but I'm going to try and think a bit more about how much I can practically take on. I guess we'll see! Back in the office tomorrow!

Take care lovely peoples, and I'll see y'all again soon!