Wednesday 3 July 2013

Marvelous Minnie Minis

Hello, lovely people! Today I've got a particularly photo heavy post for you. I couldn't choose which of the four new Couture de Minnie mini polishes I wanted to show you, so I decided to share them all =D. OPI put out a Vintage Minnie collection last(?) year, and I guess they were popular enough to keep that train a-running, so the bright brand spankin' new Couture de Minnie collection appeared. Aside from the four I've got for you today, there's also a glitter polish in the collection that I didn't pick up. It's called Minnie Style and has red, pink and white hexagonal glitter in a clear base. Personally I'm not crazy about large-ish glitters in clear bases so I gave it a miss, but if you're into that kinda thing, I've heard it's got a great, easy-to-place formula. Anyway, onto what I DO have!
I love how OPI's mini bottles are perfect mini-scale versions of their regular bottles - makes me feel like a giant! ^_^
Click through to see swatches of each polish in its own glory.

First up is A Definite Moust-Have - a gorgeous deep fuchsia-pink with a little hint of shimmer. The shimmer doesn't really translate to the nail, but it seems to help the formula. Application wise it acts like the cremes from the Euro Centrale collection that OPI did earlier in the year. Smooth creamy almost-one-coater that glides like butter - seriously impressed! I used two coats for these photos, no top coat.
Next is my first ever Liquid Sand polish that OPI (and everyone else) has been going nuts over. I get it. Seriously. This polish is freakin' gorgeous, and I put it straight back on after I was done swatching the others. Magazine Cover Mouse is a delish red liquid sand textured polish, with a bit of sparkle and a whole lotta yum! Nice and creamy to apply, and it removed like a creme too - I was expecting a hellish removal like those of glitter polishes but I was pleasantly surprised. I used two coats, no top coat.
 This one deserves a close up - look at that yummy sparkle...
I've heard that some people haven't loved the drying time on liquid sand / textured polishes (because you can't use a quick-dry top coat - it takes out the gritty texture and sandy finish), but I had no trouble with it. With the first coat my first nail was dry by the time I got to the last, and it was maybe five minutes tops for two coats to 'set' on all nails. Though I was distracted by Criminal Minds at the time, so maybe it was a little longer... But an entirely reasonable dry-time, I assure you!
Nombre trois is Chic From Ears To Tail. Yum yum yum! A light bubblegummy pink creme that's just a tad on the sheer side (good for jelly sandwiches?) with a nice blue-y base that makes it totally wearable. Kind of a muted Barbie pink? It is on the sheer side though, and I used three thin-ish coats for these photos. No top coat.
You can see there is just a little bit of visible nail line even after three coats, but nothing too noticeable unless you're really staring at the them. Another great buttery formula.
Now the red, ohh the red... Innie Minnie Mighty Bow is another one I'd grab just for the name (darn it OPI, you know I'm a sucker for a good polish name!) but the polish is drool-worthy for both colour and formula. Another two-coater, no top coat.
Looking at this in store I thought it was pretty close to I'm Not Really A Waitress, but now I think IMMB has more blue in the base, and the shimmer isn't as fine. They're probably close enough that you'd only need one of the other, but I don't have INRAW any more (I gave it away to a workmate) so I can't do a comparison for you - sorry! As with A Definite Moust-Have, there's more shimmer in the bottle than on the nail, but it helps the formula and makes the finish super super glossy and lush. If you're into shimmery reds, this could become your new best friend. The blue base means it will pop on any skin tone, and red polish is kinda always in, isn't it?
Phew! Congrats if you made it through all the photos and rambling! I just had to share all of them with you! I'd been whinging about not being able to get this collection here in NZ while fellow bloggers were raving about it, so when I saw them in my local pharmacy I had to grab 'em! I'm sure I'm not the only willpower-less polish addict out there? That, and I'm weak for packaging, and these teeny weeny mini bottles were calling to me. Sooo cute!! I got the four minis in a pack for NZ$40.95, and I'm seriously considering going back for the full-sized liquid sand one. I've got nothing like it, and it just makes me happy ^_^.

Does packaging make a difference to what you like or what you buy? What was the last collection you were seriously hankering for? Thank you for checking in, and I'm sorry for all the rambling! (Must lay off the caffeine =P) Take care lovelies =D.