Wednesday 14 August 2013

ALL The Colours!!

Well hello there, friends! I have something bright and colourful to share with you today to get back into the swing of blogging. I've been MIA from here for a couple of reasons - 1) my nails took a serious beating when I was working on a construction site a few weeks ago, and I've been waiting for them to grow into something paintable, and 2) I got lazy and decided to post everything straight to Instagram instead of writing it up here - sorry! Last night I did the first properly nail-arty mani I've done in ages, and I knew it was time to share. I give you: ALL the colours!!
This one's pretty pic heavy so click through to see more ^_^

Sometimes you just need something bright and cheerful! For this mani I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White (not pictured), Verbena, Pistache, China Glaze Hey Sailor!, Papaya Punch, Happy Go Lucky, and Kleancolor Sea Ice
It was strangely difficult to pick the right 'tones' for the desired rainbow effect. Most of my greens were too dark or blue-toned - Pistache was a bight lighter than I would've liked by it seemed like the best choice at the time. D'you think it's too light? 

I painted my base colour of Snow Me White and waited til it was really really really really really really really dry, then I taped off (somewhat...) even sections horizontally on the nail using BornPrettyStore.com striping tape (find it here). 
I tried to use the brush from the nail polish bottle, but when that went horribly wrong because it was way too big, I decided to dob the polish onto a little dish and use a much smaller nail art brush to apply the polish. This brush was part of a 15-pack, also from BornPrettyStore.com (here).
After having some colouring-in time (surprisingly difficult to stay inside the lines, whoops), I peeled the tape off and applied INM Out The Door quick-dry top coat. I usually have pretty good luck not smudging nail art with that one - it's pretty 'gel-ly' rather than watery, so it glides over the nail better than some other topcoats I've tried. But 'cause it's me, of course I still smudged the lines a bit =P.
The cuticle on my index finger that looks like it's oozing blood? Yeah that's what was left after cleaning up the "this brush is waaaaaaay too big" red polish fiasco... XD
I've got a bit of practice to do before it's perfect, but the effect is rather cool, don'tcha think? It's bright and Summer-y and rainbow-y... Can't go wrong, really ^_^.
This was awesomely quick and easy once I figured out the technique (and the tiny brush helped!). I'm already plotting more colour combinations - muahahaha... 

Do you change what you wear on your nails from season to season? Personally I do like darker colours when it's colder, and brighter ones when the sun's out. Guess I was feeling Summer-y for this one! Thanks for popping in, lovelies, and I'll try to post more often now that my nails are in reasonable condition! Check out my Instagram if I haven't been on here for a bit - I'll defo still be posting there! Take care, lovely people =).