Sunday 1 September 2013

ABC Challenge: A

Hello all, and happy September! It's the first day of Spring here in the Southern Hemisphere, and although it's been pretty chilly here the last couple of days, the daffodils and magnolia trees are out in full bloom and it's looking brighter and lighter already. Since I've been so slack in posting regularly and keeping you guys entertained, I've decided that I'm going to do a nail challenge - each post I'm gonna feature a polish beginning with a different letter of the alphabet, starting with A, of course, and try and do something nail-arty with it. This could go horribly horribly wrong, but I'm gonna give it a go... It's only 26 posts, how hard could it be...?

Today for the (grand?) initial post, I give you Alcatraz... Rocks - one of the Liquid Sand polishes from the OPI 'San Francisco' collection. As some of you might be aware, I have a brother in San Francisco, so I had to at least grab a couple from the collection (yeah, like I needed an excuse...). This polish is... like... uhm... WOW!!! Photos simply don't do it justice!! 
Click through for more =)


Alcatraz... Rocks looks blue, yeah? Well, it kinda is, but it's more of a deep purple with blue and gold and pink and green and GLITTER. It's freakin' gorgeous; one of those I-keep-walking-into-things-because-I'm-distracted-by-my-nails sort of polishes. Seriously, go hunt this down in stores because I can't even come close to photographing the beautifulness.
I used two coats for these photos, no top coat.
Crazy in love with this polish, and not just because I seem to have developed a deep affection for glittery-textured polishes (like most of the OPI Liquid Sands and the Zoya Pixie Dust collections... *drool*). Just for the record, however, I have an equally deep dislike for the non-glittery texture polishes (like the China Glaze ones and the other two OPI San Francisco ones) - to me they look like cheap stucco =/. You know when you go to bed with wet nails and wake up with smudges, dents, lumps and bumps in your polish? Yeah, that's what those look like to me. Blergh.


Now for the 'nail arty' stuff...
So this is about as nail-arty as I was feeling today, sorry. Accent nail is two coats of OPI Solitaire from the Bond Girls Liquid Sand collection with a heart in Alcatraz... Rocks. I even love the name of this polish. I'm a sucker for a good pun, and this one gets me every time. It's okay, I already know I'm lame XD.
And a closer shot, just 'cause I can. This heart thing might be a recurring theme - I got a heart shaped hole punch and it makes it unreasonably easy to add hearts to stuff, so brace yourselves! ;-P

How do you guys feel about the liquid sand / pixie dust / textured polish craze? Love it, hate it, totally meh? I'd love to hear your thoughts ^_^.

Tomorrow, we'll have the letter B! Yay! This might actually keep me blogging regularly, who knows! =P thanks for popping in, lovelies!