Wednesday 11 September 2013

ABC Challenge: G and H

Heya lovelies. Sorry for being a bit MIA the last few days. A good family friend passed away and I haven't really been in the polishing / blogging mood. Because of this, today's post is super pic-heavy but really quite boring - I haven't done any nail art with the featured polishes, and I'm being extra lazy and cramming two letters into one post. Two letters, five polishes. Today we've got Sinful Colors Gorgeous, Essie Good As Gold, Maybelline Gold's Night Out, China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer and Born Pretty Store Holo #1. Phew! Click on through to the scrolling extravaganza. 

First up is Sinful Colors Gorgeous. As far as living up to names goes, this one does it pretty darn well. It's got a bit more green / teal in it than these photos show - my camera freaks out if I try to photograph a not-really-blue-blue, and I couldn't show an accurate colour without making my fingers look like they were rotting =/.
I used two coats for these photos, and no top coat. It's a bit frosty, and as you can see brush strokes stay visible (even though I was super-duper careful when applying). I tried to get a more colour accurate pic here but it's given me corpse-fingers. The yellow tinge really isn't very flattering =/. 
Continuing with 'G', I've got a double whammy for you. Essie Good As Gold and Maybelline Color Show (sequins range) Gold's Night Out. I tried to stamp over Gorgeous with Good As Gold (the most opaque and perfect stamping gold ever) but it just wasn't having it! The stamp wouldn't adhere to the base colour and after three attempts varying my technique, I gave up and let it have its own mani.
Good As Gold was opaque in one coat (which makes it crazy wonderful for stamping, when your base colour allows >.<) and I used two coats of Gold's Night Out to get this much coverage. While looking through a couple of macro shots, I realised the nail's not actually completely covered, so I left them out. Another coat would've sorted it - this polish is ridiculously stuffed full of glitter, including holographic flecks that catch the light and SPARKLE like mad. 

Now - onto H! I've been itching to show you guys this polish since I got it, but since it arrived at the start of Winter, I haven't worn it properly yet. Check out China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer.
I got a bit snap-happy with this one because I heart it so much. It's the ultimate example of a 'neon pastel' - this polish is frickin' BRIGHT!!! I used two coats for these photos, and a top coat.
I wanted to try and show you how unreasonably glowy this baby is so I dimmed the lights a bit and let it shine. Hopefully these photos give you a bit of a sense of just how freakin' BRIGHT this polish is!! I can feel this becoming a common Summer polish soon...
Over two coats of Highlight Of My Summer I added one coat of Born Pretty Store Holo Polish #1.
I bought the purple Holo polish (#9) in my previous BPS order, and fell madly in love with the epic rainbow-y goodness. The formula was so wonderful and the holo-ness so intense that I knew I needed MOAR (and for US$4.59 - $5.59 a bottle, my self control was non-existent)!! I chose #1 because it was the most neutral shade, and I hoped I would be able to layer it over other polishes without altering the base colour too much. 

It worked! 
Look at all the pretty colours.... *drool*. I'm going to try not to layer holo over everything from now on, but it's gonna be a challenge. This polish is awesome, and it adds a whole new dimension to my faves. Go check out the awesomeness of Born Pretty Store holo polishes here

Phew!! Well done if you made it all the way through this ridiculous post! If you just scrolled through and looked at the pretty pictures, I completely understand =P. Hopefully things will settle down a bit around here and I'll get into creating some pretty nail-arty goodness for the upcoming letters. Take care lovelies, and thanks for checking in =).