Tuesday 24 September 2013

ABC Challenge: K

K? K! Hiya guys! Today's post is brought to you by the letter 'K'! Our featured polish is China Glaze Kinetic Candy. Onwards!

Is this a completely delicious creamy blue or what?? This beautiful pastel is opaque in two coats, and I didn't use a top coat for these photos. It's super glossy all by itself! A lot of pastel / baby blues can lean a bit "chalky" but there's no risk of that with this one. Clean, crisp, fresh blue all the way!
I wanted to something a bit more ... enthusiastic? to make up for the last horribly uninspired post, so I decided to grab a cup of water and a toothpick, and do some marbling. It's been too long!! I'm really happy with how the patterns turned out ^_^.
In addition to Kinetic Candy I used China Glaze Sweet Hook and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I tried to use Sinful Colors Snow Me White but it just wasn't havin' it! Some polishes just don't play well with others, ya know?
I've missed water marbling. Shall have to make a point of playing more often!
It's still a bit basic, but at least it's better than the 'J' post! The pastels inspired me a bit more I think >_< Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for dark polish now that the weather's getting warmer?

That's all folks! Check in soon for my 'L' post - I'll have some Zoya for ya ^_^. Take care, lovelies!