Wednesday 4 September 2013

ABC Challenge: C

Well hello again, friends! Welcome to day 3 of my ABC Challenge! As mentioned at the end of yesterday's post, I had no idea what I was gonna do for 'C', and since I'm crazy-indecisive, I decided to jam two (and a half) polishes into this post so I didn't have to choose which one to showcase. I'mma make today's one nice and quick - here's OPI Can't Find My Czechbook and Charged Up Cherry!

Can't Find My Czechbook, apart from winning me over completely with the brilliantly terrible name, has got to be one of THE most perfect blue polishes in existence. I know I ramble a lot about how much I looove this polish or that polish, but seriously, CFMC is clean, crisp, bright but completely wearable, and with a smooooooth buttery two-coat formula, it's one that you can slather on while rushing out the door. 

That was a poorly constructed sentence, but you get my drift =)
Charged Up Cherry isn't a cherry red =/ but it's still totally delish, despite the inaccurate name. Another two coater (one if you've got a steadier hand than I do), this one's bright and fun, yet still kinda sophisticated. I picked it up at a (OH MY GOSH COMPLETELY TOTALLY MASSIVE) cosmetics sale because it's a colour I'd had my eye on for a while, and when it popped up there for $12 I said "oh yes please, thank you". For reference, OPI polishes retail here for NZ$25 - NZ$27 a bottle - more for the DS series, and even more for treatments. When these babies go on sale, we nail addicts POUNCE! And in case you're wondering, I bought a grand total of 17 polishes at that sale >_< not all of them were for me!! Just most of them... XD
Completely lacking inspiration today, I decided on a nice easy 'funky french' tape mani. The base is two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (the most perfect off-white ever), then I cut tape into V shapes, stuck it on, painted over it, peeled it off, then added dots. Tape, once you get the hang of it, is a really easy way to create some simple nail art. I encourage you to play ^_^.
Because this wouldn't really be Reach For The Polish if I didn't add a matte top coat, I added a matte top coat. I've been using the OPI matte top coat for a while (yep, nabbed it at that sale for $10, score!) and am seriously impressed. I don't know what I was expecting, but I definitely prefer it over the Rimmel one that I used to use. It's probably to do with the brush more than anything - I'm a huge fan of the broad OPI brushes.

Just as a sneaky extra, I wanted to pop in a photo of Cult Nails Charlatan over Can't Find My Czechbook to a) remind you that Cult Nails is out there and encourage you all to go BUY BUY BUY from the incredibly sweet and brilliant Maria (go browse through the Cult Nails polishes here) and b) to show you what it looks like over blue - I'm pretty sure I've only posted it over red...? With a sheer pink base and micro-flecks that flash pink, purple, and blue, you can layer this gorgeous topper over anything and go "Ooooo!". This is one thin coat over two coats of CFMC - the pink becomes more obvious as you add layers.

Bam! That's 'C' done! I'm aiming to get 'D' up tomorrow as I've had that mani done for aaaages (I first started planning this challenge like, maybe 3 months ago... Far out I'm slack!). Thanks so much for popping in! See you again soon ^_^.





Oh, and happy Pink Wednesday!! XD