Tuesday 3 September 2013

ABC Challenge: B

Hi hi! Okay so I lied a little bit, I'm a day late with this post, but I have a legit reason! I know it sounds stupid, but my cat walked across my keyboard while I was editing in Photoshop and kinda reset all my settings, and changed some I didn't even know about. It took some pretty serious Googling to get everything back, but I'm sorted now, so on with the challenge!

This beautiful baby is Sinful Colors Boom Boom. The Sinful Colors polishes popped up at my local pharmacy a few months ago FOR SIX DOLLARS A BOTTLE and I now have a little army of them on my shelves. I grabbed a couple to try, and upon finding out that they stay on like you wouldn't believe, and that most of the cremes are one coaters, the hoarder in me came out and a bunch of them came home with me. Boom Boom is possibly the most perfect pink ever - a true crelly that looks crazy succulent without even trying.
I used two coats for these photos, and no top coat. Yep, all that glossy glossy shine is just the polish doing its thang. Is this the most gorgeous blue-based pink polish you've ever seen? Ugh, totally love it.
In my attempt to be nail-arty, I decided on stripes using Sinful Colors Snow Me White - a one-coater white - uh, yeah, I use it for everything now! When Snow Me White was dry, I applied striping tape and covered it in two coats of Boom Boom, then peeled the tape off to reveal the white underneath. That was as creative as I got, so I just applied a coat of BYS Starlette to my accent nail, because who doesn't love some pink n glitter? 
My lines still need some practice =/ the stripes remind me of stockings for some reason, though I don't know why because I've never had stockings like this!
Oh yeah, I did add a layer of OPI Top Coat over the stripes to even them out a bit - the tape / peeling left some serious ridges between the colours. I find the OPI top coat good for leveling stuff out as it's quite gloopy / gel-ey, and not so runny. 

Do you guys like the stripes or are they a bit too wicked-witch for you? What are your favourite colours to pair with a bright pink? Check in soon for C! This should be good, I haven't decided what C polish I'm gonna use yet... ^_^ Take care, lovely people!