Friday 6 September 2013

ABC Challenge: D

Hello there, friends! Today's post is gonna be a bit of a guessing game for me, as I did this mani over two months ago (>.<) so I'm having a wee bit of a hard time remembering specifics! Let's see how we go...

Today's featured polish is China Glaze Dance Baby. I'm pretty sure I used two coats for these photos.

 Click through to see how I nail-art-y-ed it up!

This polish is smooooooooth as, and a perfect baby pink - it's almost one of those pastel-neons I love so much. It's such a clean, crisp shade, but I hardly ever find a reason to use it, which is a big part of why I wanted to feature it today. 
Yay dots! Over one (I think...) coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, I added dots in various sizes with Dance Baby, China Glaze Sweet Hook and Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau. I quite like the effect ^_^. No top coat, as you can see in the next pic - I think I didn't want to risk smudging it.
You can see there's a little more three-dimensionality to the dots because I didn't smooth over them with a top coat. Dimensionality... Is that a word? My spell check is telling me it isn't, but oh well. I'mma use it anyway =P. 

Quick and simple today =) what's your favourite way of seeing gradient nail art? Do you like the dots, the traditional blended version, or separate colours across the fingers? What other ways have you seen gradients done? I'd love to hear what you've seen and what you like! Thanks for stopping by lovelies - take care!