Saturday 19 October 2013

ABC Challenge: N

Hidey ho there, reader! I finally got a day off so I thought it was about time I post somethin' new! We're up to the letter 'N', and I (finally) settled on OPI No Room For The Blues. More over the jump!

I used two coats of this totally delish creamy blue-blue for these photos. Once this baby was in my stash, I don't know how I could have been without it! When it first arrived I used it for everything because it's such a wearable / workable blue. It also marbles like a dream, and I used, like, half the bottle playing around with it in the water >.<
I follow a bunch of amazing and talented ladies on Instagram and they always blow me away with their skill, patience, and creativity. One such beautiful gal is Danielle of Totally Nailed. She creates and posts absolutely gorgeous nail art, and when I saw this on her IG I was inspired! (Okay, I knew I wanted to steal it! =P) 
After trying and failing at doing it her way (she used a striper and I really suck at using them) I adapted it a little, and grabbed my trusty nail tape. With a very very dry base colour, I applied the tape in vertical strips, polished over with a reasonably thick coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and peeled the tape off immediately. I've had bad experiences with polish coming off with the tape, so I did one nail at a time to ensure the top polish was still wet.
Following a generous slathering of OPI Top Coat, I used my awesome tweezer-ing skills to apply the little bow rhinestones I got from (where else) Born Pretty Store. They come in a neat little sectioned wheel with a bunch of different colours. I think they're super cute and have been waiting to find a way to use them - thanks, Danielle! ^_^
Thanks for popping by, lovely people. I truly appreciate your on-going support even though I'm a tad MIA at times! We got a new boss at work today and one of the full-timers is almost back, so I should be around a bit more in the coming weeks. Hope you're all smiling and taking care! ^_^