Friday 6 July 2012

Fail Friday: ALL the Colours!!

Hiya guys! Today's Fail Friday post is a well-intended mani that simply didn't turn out as imagined, and actually looked bad enough that I couldn't bring myself to leave the house with it on! I think it was a mixture of the crap-tastic stamping and the wrong tones for the rainbow and my rush to get something done that resulted in just... no. Wanna see?
From left to right: Revlon Red Hot, BYS Tempt Me Tangerine, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, China Glaze Four Leaf Clover and BYS Drop In The Ocean. I think I had the wrong orange, green and blue for this to be an effective multi-coloured rainbow mani, but they're kinda all I have at the moment... I'm working on it, I promise! 
I painted each nail a different colour - red on my thumb through to blue on my pinky - and hated it, so I tried to mute it by stamping over them all with fauxnad plate m65 in BYS Black Satin. Again, well intended, poorly executed... Smudge smudge smudge all the way home...
See what I mean about the wrong 'tones'? The theory was there, but it just... failed. 
Gah. Thank goodness that's over! What was your last mani-fail? Have you mastered the rainbow mani yet? I'd love your feedback, guys! Oh, and happy weekend!! =D