Wednesday 11 July 2012

An Update

Wow... There are some truly terrible ads on tv... I've got the tv on in the background and got distracted, sorry. Anywho, I wanted to give you an update of what's been going on in case any of you were wondering where I've gone. I'm still here, I promise! But I'm away from home on a job at the moment which means my nails are nekkid (oh no!!!). I'm keeping them happy and healthy with my Lemon Flutter Cuticle Butter and my recently acquired OPI Nail Envy, but because my nail polish stash wouldn't fit on the plane, I've had to leave all my colours at home. Being away is a chance to clear my head a little with regards to my polish collection too - I recently came across a sale on Revlon polishes in a local department store and bought three new shades, forgetting that I'd ordered some China Glaze polishes online, and of course when my order arrived, I'd bought almost identical shades... Oops... #polishaddictproblems. I still have well under a hundred polishes though, so I think I'm doing (relatively) well! I've heard of polisher bloggers having up to SEVEN HUNDRED nail polishes. This makes me feel better about buying more ;-). 


If any of you know New Zealand geography at all, I'm from Wellington (bottom of the North Island) but am working in Christchurch (halfway down the east coast of the South Island) for the week. There's a good chance you've heard of Christchurch even if you're fuzzy on where NZ even is - it's been hit by a LOT of earthquakes following some massively severe ones over the last year and a bit which has kinda made it world famous (notorious, maybe?). There's evidence of the big quakes all over the place - I saw so many cracks in concrete buildings and missing pieces in roofs and even a few buildings that are just shells now on the ten minute drive from the airport to the hotel. Personally I've always really liked earthquakes because I haven't witnessed any big lethal ones, and I just think there's no sensation like it. I had friends who felt the same before they moved to Christchurch to attend university... They're really over them now. I was in the city for about half a day before I felt the first rumble - 4.5, 11km deep - but it was a nice gentle rolling one and those are just fine by me. I was in bed (it was about 11:30pm) so it was like being rocked to sleep... Well, it would have been if my eyes weren't like saucers... 


So no nails for you for a while! Even if I'd brought my polishes with me, the ground down here is a bit too mobile to let me paint properly. When I get back (I'll be straight back into the next trimester) I'll make it up to you - my BundleMonster 2012 stamping plates arrived literally as I was putting my bags in the car to go to the airport! I'm so impressed with that, as I only ordered them days before they arrived! Definitely going back to the site to hunt down some more bargains ;-).


Right, off to the supermarket and to coffee!!!! I like coffee... Hope you're all doing well, you lovely people, and I am sorry for the lack of nail art... Keep smiling, beautiful babes, I'll catch you later =D.


- Ally xx