Wednesday 4 July 2012

Pink Wednesday: My Boyfriend's Sweet Tulips

Hiya darlings! All sorts of exciting things have been going on here - I'm in the process of building a shiny new rack for my nail polish collection, and consequently have been devoting more time to the construction of that than to my nails, which is why I've missed a couple of days, oops! But because it's Wednesday, and On Wednesdays We Wear Pink, I thought I'd do something special to make up for missing a couple. I haven't done a water marble in aaaages, and it's the nail art technique that really kicked off the passion for me, so I've done one for you in pink! It took me a few tries to get back into the swing of it (I used to have the method down pat!) but I'm happy with the results =D.
In case you were wondering about the name of today's post, explanation is here! The three polishes I used for my marbling were OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Kiss Me On My Tulips and China Glaze Something Sweet
To add a bit of shimmer (because who doesn't love a bit of shimmer?) I added a very thin coat of OPI Princesses Rule! over each nail. Princesses Rule! can be quite over powering when it's used over top of other polish and tends to take the focus away from whatever's under it because it's such a dense glitter, so I only used the teeniest tiniest bit. There was barely anything on the brush at all, but it's still clearly visible! Surprising for a 'sheer' glitter... 
I forgot how much I love water-marbling! I think I avoided it for so long because it uses up so much polish. But still, the result is kinda worth it... =P.

Have you tried water-marbling before, or dry 'needle' marbling? What colour combos would you love to see in this style? Enjoy your Wednesday, babes, and thanks for checking in! =D