Wednesday 14 November 2012

Enchanté

Hiya! I wanted to do Pink Wednesday post today since it's Wednesday, and I haven't done a Pink Wednesday post for ages, but since you've just had two pink posts in a row, I thought a third would be pushing my luck! Instead, today I have a 'charming' purple for you! I say 'charming' because, well, it's called Charming, by Cult Nails. This is another one of the beautiful babies my brother sent me for my birthday! Isn't she gooooorgeous??
This smooth buttery polish does best for me in three coats (pictured above), as it starts out pretty darn sheer, but like Deal With It, it builds up nicely with each coat. Again, I could've stopped at two coats, but I still had some VNL (especially on my index finger) so I opted for a third to be sure. All photos are without a topcoat.
In these photos it may look like your same old straight-forward purple polish, but it is soooooo not!! Extra creamy, just shimmery enough and sports a strong pink flash when away from the lamp I use for photo-taking =/. The photo below is much more accurate both in finish and colour - the gorgeous pink glow weirdly decided not to play in the above pics.
This was at two coats, and those streaks you see smoothed out fine when I used a steadier hand for the third coat. I just kinda suck at applying polish is all. I'm great at cleanup, though! That stunning pink glow is present at all times IRL, but like I said, it didn't wanna be caught on camera under my lamp. Humph. This last pic is the only accurate one for the colour, but I wanted to show how this baby builds up. Gorgeous colour, great formula, crap photography ;-).

Do you have a polish that's impossible to photograph accurately? Do you like bold, dark purples or light lilac-y hues? Happy Wednesdays, loves!! ^_^