Thursday 22 November 2012

Favourite Fuchsia

Hiya!! Phew, it is stinkin' hot here today - it's sooooo nice...! This Summer is definitely gonna be a good one! Speaking of good ones, I officially have a favourite polish. Yes, you heard me, A favourite polish! I ordered some China Glazes from Head2ToeBeauty in the States, and they arrived on my doorstep exactly seven days later. I love quick delivery! And the best part is, their CGs are (mostly) US$3.25 each! Altogether with postage, it cost me just under NZ$35 for four CGs. Sweet or what?? So first up from my new babies is Fuchsia Fanatic!
A 'glamour shot' of the PINK polish =). A while ago some other bloggers and I were chatting about what cameras we use (one of the lovelies was looking at getting a new one and wanted advice) and I'd said I use a little Canon point n' shoot for my blog pics now (PowerShot A4000), but I used to use my big baby (Canon S5) before I got the little one. One of the girls asked if / when I use my big one (who's name is Billy, by the way), and it made me realise poor Billy hasn't had any playtime since I got Johann (the little one). So for today's post, Billy came out to play in the sunshine! Do you notice any difference in the pics? (Apart from being outside in the sun, obviously...). I'd love your feedback!
Now, onto the polish! *drools* This polish... Oh my goodness, this polish...!! I bought it for the colour, of course, but it was the formula that won me over heart and soul. I'm pretty open with formulas - if it's a crappy formula but a great colour, I'll still show it plenty of love. The formula on this baby could not have been any better. I was a little worried when I first opened the bottle - it looked like it was gonna be a sheer jelly à la OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y?, and I admittedly sighed a sigh of disappointment, but from the first brush stroke, it was like heaven to apply. Opaque in one coat with a HIGH gloss jelly-finish, this baby took one coat to look like a perfect shellac / gel nail treatment. Okay, so you know me, I had to apply a second coat (I have VNL insecurities, okay??) but honestly, one would've done. As I was rushing out to go to a show, I applied Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat, but if you're not in a hurry, there's no need for a TC - the finish is perfect. 
I applied the polish last night and took the photos today, and all pics are 2 coats with Wicked Fast over top. Now that I've finished gushing about the formula, sit back and soak in the delicious pure fuchsia colour! Mmmm...
Seriously, SERIOUSLY impressed with this polish. It's gonna be one of those ones I have to talk myself out of wearing all the time. It truly looks like a shellac / gel salon-applied polish, and I'm just so freakin' impressed with it! I don't wanna take it off, but I have three more brand new CGs to play with! (Lemon Fizz, Glittering Garland, and Grape Pop, in case you were wondering!) Ugh, nail polish addict problems... ;-)

What was the last polish you were seriously impressed with, and why? Do you notice a diference between these photos with Billy, and my usual photos with Johann? (Yep, I'm nuts for naming my electronics, but you knew I was crazy anyway =P) Thank you SO much for stopping by, lovelies! Hope the sun is shining, literally or metaphorically, for you wherever you are!! ♥♥ ^_^