Friday 16 November 2012

Fail Friday: Sunset Pink

Ugh... Just... Yeah. Before we get into this ridiculous post, please note that none of these photos (or any of the other fourteen billion I took) are anywhere near the actual colour of this polish. This polish downright refused to photograph accurately, and I finally gave up after three separate 'photoshoots' attempting to get the right colour. Gah. Just, yeah. Humph.

*deep calming breaths* Well hi there!! Happy Friday!! Quite some time ago I used to do 'Fail Fridays' showcasing some of my rather plentiful nail-fails, and though I didn't intend on doing one today, it kind of just happened. At the height of my frustration photographing this stupid (not really, I love it, actually) polish, I realised it was Friday, so I could use this as a Fail. 

Today's polish was sent to me by a fellow Kiwi nail blogger Anneke of PinPointPolish. She is wonderfully sweet and super passionate with some amazing photos, so go show her some love!! She found the brand Ulta3 (which is common in the US / Australia but previously unavailable in NZ, as far as I know) at a pharmacy in Auckland and offered to send me a few bottles. Jumping up and down, I went on a Google Images rampage and picked out three, and they arrived safe and sound today in a well packed little box, with some chocolate hiding underneath! Thank you again, Miss Anneke! I love them sooo much!!! Without further ado, may I present the deeply beautiful but unreasonably stubborn Ulta3 Sunset Pink.
See the colour in the bottle? Add two dashes of red-wine shades and a plum or two, and you're a bit closer to the true shade of this baby - a deep berry pink, not a light red as it decided it wanted to be today. This is two easy coats, though the formula was quite a bit thicker than I'm used to. It dries to a rubbery / nearly matte finish, so a glossy top coat is necessary if you want it to shine. I used a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.
I was going to write something here, but this is so far away from the colour that I just... *sigh*.
In this photo, my index and middle fingers are sans top coat so you can see the 'original' finish. Again, nowhere near the colour. Honestly, I'm not sure why I bothered posting these photos, except that I'm always so excited about new polish! I absolutely promise with all my heart that it is a beautiful polish that I don't ever wanna take off. Seriously. Even though I messed with my white balance and tried to adjust the shade in photoshop and all that jazz, I could not get an accurate shade without making my fingers bright cyan. So [expletive] it, that'll do. Humph.

That concludes this train wreck. Bah. 

What colours do you find the hardest to photograph? What was the last polish you bought / received? Thanks for checking in loves, and sorry for the entirely useless post! =( 





Edit: This is much closer to the colour that it actually is IRL. Delicious deep berry lipstick-y kinda colour. It's beautiful, I promise. I googled around and couldn't find any particularly accurate photos of the polish, so it's nice to know I'm not alone with this stupid blimen thing!! =P
Happy Weekends! ^_^