Sunday 28 October 2012

Deal With It

Ohmahgosh ohmahgosh ohmahgosh ohmahgosh ohmahgosh... I'm still jumping up and down a little bit - the excitement hasn't faded! Today's post has a bit of a story behind it... Read if you're interested, but I totally understand if you just wanna scroll to the pretties ;-).

Well! At the end of September I was hanging out on Twitter with some of the most awesome bloggers in the blogosphere, and a tweet from @CultNails popped up, saying they were going to be doing some giveaways throughout October. I jokingly tweeted back something about sending me a birthday pressie because my birthday's in October, followed by a version of "I'm saving up to get your gorgeous polishes, I wannem all!". Maria (the Queen of Cult Nails) replied to me with a "Yep! Sure! Email me your address and I'll send a little something your way!". After I got back on my chair, I checked with her that it wasn't a joke, sent her my details, screamed for a while, did some ridiculous dancing and caught my breath. A week later, a little box arrived... More dancing and screaming ensued, and while I held my breath hoping for one of her gorgeous polishes, I opened the box to find a handmade birthday card, and FIVE NAIL POLISHES. FIVE!!!!!!!! Get It On - the best base coat I've ever used, their world famous Wicked Fast top coat, Deal With It which is featured today, Evil Queen and In A Trance which I'll showcase soon. And In A Trance is limited edition too. Can you believe it???? I still can't!!!! Eeeeee!!!!! *deep breaths*


The amazing Maria has most definitely gained a customer for life.

Now, if you're still with me, here is the trademark electric lime Cult Nails polish Deal With It.
Isn't that the most intense bright lime green polish you've ever seen??? It's one of those polishes you know is a Cult Nails polish - 'culties' recognise it a mile away, and not just because it shines so insanely bright you CAN see it form a mile away!! This baby is defo not for the faint of heart! This is three coats with the Wicked Fast top coat on top. The first two pics are taken outside in the shade.
And a couple of shots in direct sunlight. There was plenty of sunshine out when I took these photos, so the incredible yellow-gold shimmer was more than happy to come and play for the camera! Something about the green and yellow deliciousness reminds me of the soft drink Mountain Dew. Maybe 'cause it's so bright and glowy and fizzy and bubbly? Whatever it is, I could definitely stare at this polish all day... and I did!
Click for an extra close up =)

The shots below were taken inside by a window. I wanted to show you how it builds up with each layer. I could have happily stopped at two coats, but the OCD polisher in me wanted to ensure I had no VNL, so I added another to be sure. The third layer helped add to the depth and glow of the colour too - more polish = more shimmer!
Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Yes, I'm still super blown away by Maria's kindness and generosity. Go and buy lots and lots and lots of things from her!!! I know I will!! Can you believe it?? Just... Wow!!

What's the most special nail polish in your collection? Has anyone ever surprised you with a polish you've been dying to get your hands on? 

Thank you so much for reading!! Now go shop at Cult Nails ;-P