Friday 5 October 2012

Stamping The Night Away

Hiya most wonderful peeps!! So I've been a tad MIA in terms of my blogging, and I am sorry for that, but I've just been lacking inspiration lately - you know how it is... I've still been posting on Twitter and Instagram, but I thought it must be time to do a proper post since I haven't blogged since last month! I have a sweet and simple stamped mani for you today =) Enjoy! (And excuse my poor dry cuticles...)
Nothing goes together like pink and blue, so I decided to use OPI I Think In Pink and BYS Sky's The Limit for a pale but clean + bright mani. As you might know I've been using OPI Don't Touch My Tutu as a base coat until I could get my hands on a real one (which I did today, in some VERY exciting circumstances - more in a later post ;-) ), and since I knew how sheer I Think In Pink can be, I doubled up on the white base coat for those nails. This meant I only needed 2 coats of both ITIP and Sky's The Limit for opacity and no VNL (visible nail line). The wonders of white 'underwear'!  
When my yummy yummy base colours were dry, I stamped with BYS French White using Bundle Monster plate BM321. While stamping I managed to bump my middle finger, mostly because I'm yet to do a mani during which nothing goes wrong ;-) but I tidied it up best I could, and apart from a gap in one of the flowers, it wasn't particularly noticeable. My stamping still needs some work, but if I'm careful I can usually get a result I don't hate =P. Guess what's coming next... Go on, you know what it is... 
Matte top coat! Yes, I am still obsessed with all (nail) things matte. It just gives such a nice finish in most cases, though I will admit I've come across a couple of polishes that IMO should NOT be worn anyway but glossy-glossy! For this mani, it definitely worked, don'tcha think? I used Rimmel Lycra Pro Matte Finish Top Coat =). 
The big ol' bump on my middle nail makes an appearance ;-). This pink is just so yummy matte! To be honest I really wasn't madly in love with I Think In Pink when I first tried it on - with a shiny finish it does not work with my skin tone at all, and I was so sadly sure I'd never use it for anything more than nail art-y stuff. Made it matte and BAM! Pure deliciousness! It's amazing what a different finish can do! =)
And a close up, because close ups are great =P. I'm sorry I was away from here for so long, lovelies - I promise to try harder to blog more often! You're all so good to me, you deserve some new content every once in a while ;-).

Do you like pink and blue together or are you totally over the combo? Are you giving the matte finish some lovin' or is that another fad you can't wait to see disappear into the abyss into which Shatter polish has fallen? Thank you SO SO SO much for stopping by, you wonderful peoples! Enjoy your fab Fridays ;-).