Saturday 27 October 2012

Gargantuan Green Glow

It's Saturday! Woo hoo!! I've got a major essay due on Monday, and what better way to procrastinate than by blogging? =P Today's totally delicious feature polish is OPI Gargantuan Green Grape - one of those 'neon pastel' polishes I've been so hooked on. I knew from the second I applied it that I wanted to make it matte (like I don't with every polish?) and I'm so glad I did, it's totally scrummy!
This is three generous coats with Seche Vite to dry, then Rimmel Lycra Pro Matte Finish top coat on top. I had been warned about the application issues with this one - it's been really difficult for me to find pastel / neon polish that don't have some application issues - but as my opinion is generally colour over consistency, I didn't mind too much! Thank the heavens for Seche Vite or I'd never have got this baby to set!
If you look reeeeeally close, the weird shape of my middle nail (extra bulge-y) is due to the aforementioned ripped nail being held together with tape under the polish. I used white fabric tape until I could get some nail glue, taping along the rip then buffing the tape down and base-coating like crazy! It worked! At least until the nail lifted along the tape line instead of the rip... Well, it worked well enough to snap these pics! I really didn't want to lose my length =( *sigh* oh well!
All of the above pics were snapped outside on an overcast day, but when I came inside to the relative dark of the hallway, this polish just glowed. Poor lighting = poor photo quality, but I had to try and grab a shot of this glow-in-the-dim effect.
I'm so in love with soft / pastel-neon polishes at the moment! Maybe it's because it's Spring? Well, I was in love with them until I broke my nail off and had to revert to nubbins *sob*. I've been rockin' dark colours since I cut all my nails off *sob* but I don't know if I'll post nub pics here because I really don't like 'em! I keep staring at them muttering "... grow, grow, grow, grow, grow..."! Wah! </whinging>.

Do you love bright glow-y colours on your tips or do you prefer softer nuder tones? Nuder's totally a word, right? More nude... You know what I mean! What was the last polish you picked up that you loved the colour but hated the application? Happy Saturday, beautiful people! Wish me luck with that essay! ;-)