Wednesday 15 August 2012

Pink Wednesday: Girly Glitter

Hiya lovely people! On Wednesdays We Wear Pink, and today's Pink Wednesday post is all about the girly glitter! I went overboard playing with deep, dark, bright and bold colours during the run of Hairspray (which is closed now *sniff*) so today's mani is a bit of a palette cleanser! Check it out: 
I started with two coats of OPI Barre My Soul from the New York City Ballet collection - this is my automatic go-to nude pink, it's just sooo creamy and yummy and just does exactly what I want it to do! Don't you just love those reliable polishes you can always count on to do their job? Over top of that I sponged on some OPI Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection. I can't believe I haven't used this polish for a Pink Wednesday yet - I keep meaning to, so I finally gave in. I still hate taking off glitter polish, but it's kinda worth it...
Mega uber massive macro shot to show you the stunning glitter in this baby! If you're not familiar with it already, Teenage Dream is chocka-packed full of pink and sliver shimmer,  with hexagonal glitter suspended in a sheer pink jelly base. Yum yum yum! Do you ever come across those nail polishes you could just stare at for hours on end? This is definitely one of those for me! 
My camera had a little bit of a tough time dealing with all that glitter, as you can see, but I'm really loving the effect of the nudie glitter over the nudie creme base. Are you a fan of the nude-based gradient mani, or do you like colours with your glitter? What's the polish that's calling out to be used but you just haven't got around to using for ages? Enjoy your Wednesdays, you lovely people, and smile lots - it's almost the weekend! =D