Saturday 25 August 2012

Radiant Gradient

Happy Saturday, lovely people! Today's mani is 'from the vault' - one I did a couple of weeks ago and photographed, but didn't post at the time. It's a simple 2 colour gradient (using this tutorial as always!) with OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips and China Glaze Papaya Punch. Enjoy!
If you look closely, on my pinky you can see a massive chunk of missing polish that I ended up filling in with the polish brush afterwards. That nail was just not cooperating with my sponging and I was pulling more and more polish off with every attempt to add to it. This happens if the bottom layer(s) of polish are still too wet when trying to add more over top... I'm really really good at being too impatient, and more often than not my impatience ruins the whole mani! Patience is a virtue...
It's my right hand! It's been so long since I posted a snap of my camera-shy hand. I was happier with how it turned out on this side so I wanted to show you how it was meant to look on both hands =P.
There's something a bit sunset-ish about this colour combo. I'd just picked up the bottles and thought the colours would look stunning together, and settled on a gradient to give them equal nail-space. The camera didn't really pick up how insanely BRIGHT these two shades are, but if you know the polishes, you can understand that this was a rather overwhelming combination when completed!
I didn't wear it for long, but I'm still pretty happy that the colour combination worked as well as it did. These are two deliciously yummy Summery colours - can't wait to use them more when it heats up a bit more! Thanks for stopping by =D