Thursday 9 August 2012

Pink Wednesday: Inspired!

Happy Wednesday, fellow polish addicts! Today's Pink Wednesday post was inspired by one of the costumes in the show I'm currently in - Hairspray! For those of you who don't know the show / haven't seen the movie, there's a scene in which Tracy (the 'pleasantly plump' heroine) is trying to convince her previously housebound mother to come out and embrace the 60's! If you've seen it, see it again here, or if you haven't, watch it and love it! In the stage show there are three 'Pinky's girls' that come out of 'Mr Pinky's Hefty Hideaway' (a plus sized clothing store) and welcome Tracy and her mom to the world of 60's fashion. When I saw their costumes in the dress rehearsals, I knew I had to make a mani out of them! They're so gorgeous! Check it out:
I used two coats of BYS French White as my base colour for the white nails, and the pink is China Glaze Something Sweet which seemed perfect for the theme! (Tracy and her mom are rather fond of sweet things...). I used a dotting tool for the dots and used an unnumbered fauxnad stamp for the bow using French White. I did have some necklaces stamped on my thumbs but they came out so badly that I didn't bother to photograph them... 
 Cutest little bow!
Here's a glimpse of the costume that inspired the mani. I'm a somewhat enthusiastic photographer so when we started dress rehearsals I knew I had to capture the incredibleness! The costumes and the set are all directly from the Melbourne production that toured Australia, and they're simply mind-blowing. So much colour and gorgeousness!!
So I went for the pink, white, dots and bow. So cute! Whaddaya reckon, did I nail it? (tee hee...) What was the last random thing that inspired a mani for you? Do you ever do your nails to match your outfit? Thanks for checking in, babes! Enjoy the rest of your week, not long to go now! =D