Saturday 18 August 2012

Simple Saturday

Good afternoon, wonderful people! I have a bit of a plain post for you today. I bought this polish yesterday and fell so madly in love with it once it was applied that I haven't dared to do anything with it! Here is the crisp and delicious OPI Big Apple Red.
Okay, I'll admit, I have quite a few similar reds in my polish stash, but I'm sure some of you understand the constant search for the perfect red, right? I fear I may have finally found it in this one. This shade is older than I am (it was one of the first shades released by OPI in 1989) which to me says it's stood the test of time, particularly because OPI's quite keen on discontinuing polishes that aren't consistently jumping off the shelves. This red has me gazing lovingly at it while I'm typing this - always a good sign!
This red is very close to Revlon Red Carpet (maybe I should do a comparison?) though the OPI is a bit... I don't know what... Crisper? Bolder? It somehow seems to glow from the inside, giving the impression that it's sheer while being seriously opaque. Oh, while I remember, this was an incredible one-coater! While that's not necessarily rare in the commonly-highly-saturated red nail polish world, the application of this baby was just so smooth and buttery and delicious. All polishes should apply like this!
I thought I'd found my go-to red when I bought Revlon Red Carpet, but there is some seriously intense competition here. It might just be inside my head, but there's something just a bit nicer about OPI nail polishes. They're more... grown up? Indulgent? Maybe they're just created with more love? Yeah, I know I sound crazy, but someone's gotta know what I mean by that, surely? If you know the word I'm trying to get at, let me know =D
My beautiful new baby. Well, one of them ;-). For those of you local to me, I picked this one up at Life Pharmacy in Westfield Queensgate - they're doing a 'buy 2 get one free' on OPI at the moment. Go check it out! I can tell you I am one happy chickie for finally giving in and getting this delicious red. What am I gonna do now that I've found my perfect red?? Thanks for stopping by, lovely peoples =D