Sunday 27 May 2012

Bit o' Bling

Happy Sunday, lovely people! Hope you all got a chance to pop your feet up for a bit this weekend! The weather's just turned miserable again here - perfect for a lazy Sunday of movie watching. Today's mani features my favourite go-to Winter colour, OPI No Spain No Gain. It is very similar to OPI Miami Beet which I also own and didn't go a day without last Winter, but since getting NSNG, I've preferred it. It's a little warmer and a little more purple and a little... newer, I guess? I haven't worn this to death (yet!) so it's still fresh to me. 
With a little help from my rhinestone wheel and new rolls of tape, I added a bit of bling to the lovely warm base colour. I really love the contrast of silver with NSNG, but as you can see on my ring finger, the only solid silver polish I have isn't so great with the stamping so it's a bit of a fail. The stamp is BundleMonster no. 07 (a stamp I received accidentally after ordering 207...) in OPI Birthday Babe. I have a soft spot for Birthday Babe because I got it the the day before my 20th birthday, and wore it the next day to an unexpected job interview at a jewellery store, and I got the job! It takes a few coats for me to get it streak-free and properly opaque so I knew it wouldn't stamp well, but I had to try!
You can see that I had tape across the tip of my accent fingers, but I didn't love it when I woke up this morning so I picked it off. There was something just a bit too random about the placement. From a distance you can't see the gap where the tape was, and another top coat pretty much made it disappear, so no harm done. 
And a random art-y macro shot for good measure. I only just noticed it shows perfectly where I took a chunk out of the base colour with my scissors while snipping the tape to size. Oops! Ah well, I still think it's pretty gorgeous. What girl doesn't enjoy a bit of glitz from time to time? Personally I'm addicted to it - you can blame my mother for my love of all things shiny!


Well, whaddaya think? If any of you know a really good saturated / dense silver that could stand up to stamping, please let me know in the comments. I'd love your feedback, you lovely people! Thanks for stopping by =]


- Ally xx