Thursday 31 May 2012

Goodbye Round, Hello Squoval!

Hiya lovely people! A quick post of a plain mani today. While taking the pics for yesterday's Pink Wednesday post I decided I didn't like the shape of my nails, so I've cut them all off! I didn't mean for them to be so short, but that's how short they became as I tried to get the new shape right. I've tried to go for 'squoval' - square across the tip with rounded off corners - but it's gonna take me some practice to get it right! Before I filed all my nails off, I bought two new BYS nail polishes, and I loved the dark red so much that when I put it on, I just left it plain. So that's what ya've got for today's post! Behold the nubbin nails!
 
This is Glamourpuss by BYS. In my tungsten-lit bedroom it looks almost chocolate brown, which made me worry a bit when I put it on last night, but I decided to keep faith and lo and behold, in daylight it is the most delicious deep dark cherry red I've ever owned. Absolutely smitten with this colour - I don't know how I'll bear to take it off!
 
It's deep and dark but not at all gothic-y which is always a worry with 'blood reds', and there's something underlying in this shade that keeps it out of the tween zone. I've tried (and failed) once before to do a 'splatter mani' with blue over white having seen it done with red over white for a gore-y Halloween mani, but the blue did NOT go well at all. It looked like I'd dropped the pot while playing with paint. But now that I have the perfect blood red, I can't wait to play with splattering again! 


Do you like dark colours on short nails or prefer nudes on your nubbins'? Do you favour the old long n' round nail shape over the new short n' square? Hopefully I'll get better at shaping them! Gimme your feedback, people, I love to hear from you =D 


- Ally xx