Wednesday 23 May 2012

Pink Wednesday

Hello again you lovely lovely people! Just a quickie today. Although I'm not technically a part of it (though in the future I hope to become so), a wonderful bunch of ladies in the nail polish blogosphere adhere to an idea taken from Mean Girls: On Wednesdays We Wear Pink. I think this is a great idea so have done my first Pink Wednesday using the very first pink OPI polish I bought way back when. Sorry about the fur in these pics! My cat Dog decided to help me with the photos today...
The base colour is 2 coats of the brightest, yummiest, most classic pink polish I have - OPI Strawberry Margarita. There's just something about this polish that is special to me, I don't really know what it is but it warms me. It's such a bright colour! I muted it a bit by stamping BundleMonster plate 212 over it in BYS Black Satin, which as you can tell by now is my go-to black polish for all details. I filled in the 'eyes' of the stamp with a dotting tool with Black Satin and BYS Drop In The Ocean for just a bit of contrast. 
 It's been a long while since I've worn anything this bright and playful, but I'm totally diggin' it.
So there it is, my first Pink Wednesday, possibly of many. What do you reckon? Loving the bright pink or do you generally go for more muted tones? Think I should've used a colour other than blue for contrast? I'd love your feedback, my beautiful readers! 


Keep smiling, lovelies. See you soon!


- Ally xx