Tuesday 22 May 2012

Rock Starlette

Hello lovely people! Sorry I don't post anything yesterday - Mondays are a busy day as far as lecturers and assignments go! And today's is a tad late because I've had a massive migraine all day today =( complete with vision loss and vomiting and all the fun stuff, so I had to wait 'til everything settled down before snapping pics. 


Here in New Zealand, May is NZ Music Month so with not that many days left in the month, I thought I should do at least one musical themed mani! I'm part of the cast of Hairspray that is opening in Wellington in August and we're in the full throes of rehearsal at the moment - this mani went down a treat with all the lovely ladies (and gents...) who are singin' and dancin' their hearts out in preparation! Without further ado...
 I started with four thin coats of OPI My Pointe Exactly from the NYC Ballet collection. Ballet + music kinda go hand in hand, no? I'm not usually a grey nails kinda gal but I absolutely LOVE this grey sheer creme-y jelly - it's everything you could want in a polish. I added two coats of Pirouette My Whistle from the same collection on my index, middle and pinky fingers to add some glitz n' glam, and because it's such a stunning glitter. Layered over My Pointe Exactly, the silver micro glitter fades into the grey creme and the white hexes catch the light like you wouldn't believe. Perfection in glitter form. 
On my ring fingers I used a small dotting tool and BYS Black Satin to free-hand a couple of quavers (or quarter notes for you Americans) and accented them with small black rhinestones. After adding the gems I realised they were a bit surplus to requirements as the pattern look exactly the same but still, any excuse for more bling!
On my thumbs I did clefs - treble on my left and bass on the right. 
I did the treble clef first then thought 'there's no way I can do that with my left hand!' so opted for the simpler design of the bass clef on my right thumb.
I really like the simplicity of this mani - I've been wearing it since Sunday night, and not only because I haven't really had time to change it! A little bit sad to see it go, but onwards! Looking forward to what tomorrow has to offer! Thanks for checkin' in, babes =D


- Ally xx