Saturday 26 May 2012

You're Blushing!

Happy Saturday, lovely people! Hope your weekend is off to a lovely relaxing start :). Today I have a mani using one of my Mommy's most recent purchases: ORLY You're Blushing. I was interested to see how different this was from OPI Steady As She Rose because in the bottle they look quite similar.
                           
I don't really do swatches and I'm not likely to do many in the future because I'm in New Zealand, and we tend to get all the colours a lot later than all you American / Canadian bloggers, so you beat me to it! You incredible ladies do it better anyway ;-).

For this mani I did two coats of ORLY You're Blushing on my thumb, index, middle and pinky fingers, and two coats of OPI Alpine Snow on my ring fingers. I dotted some daisies on my ring fingers in You're Blushing with accents in OPI Glitzerland.
On my thumb I dotted some daisies in OPI Alpine Snow. I think these are super cute!
I did this mani last night and took the photos this afternoon, and you can already see some tip chips :(. I use Seche Vite over all my manis and it tends to make the polish shrink which doesn't do much to prevent tip chipping. According to my most wonderful Mum, one coat of this over the OPI Ridge Filler is chip-proof and long wearing. I'll have to take her word for that because my two thicker coats were very satisfying to peel off!

 And a close up of the dotty daisies. This polish is very different from Steady As She Rose out of the bottle. The formula on You're Blushing is a lot more saturated and reaches full opacity faster, while smoothing itself out to a perfect creme finish on the first coat. SASR can be a bit streaky on the first coat, only smoothing out on the second. The colours are hugely different as well, with SASR having a much stronger light grey tone. If any of you know OPI Tickle My France-y (the most perfect polish in existence), You're Blushing is very much a purple-tinted version of that. 


Thoughts? Comments? Any tips on keeping my polish from shrinking under Seche Vite? As always, thanks for stopping by =).


- Ally xx