Friday 7 September 2012

Boxed In

Hello lovelies! As I was going through the photos I have ready to post, I just wasn't feeling it and thought maybe I just wouldn't post today. Once I gave up, I moved a shoe box (with a new pair of shoes in it, yay shoes!) and thought the pattern on the box would make a nice mani. So I picked out my polishes and tried my first checkered tape mani. Check it out!
This is Miki No. 21 and China Glaze Urban-Night. Once my base colour of two coats of the Miki polish were dry (with a little help from my friend - Seche Vite), I cut some squares of sticky tape and stuck them where you can see the base colour. Then I applied a nice thick layer of Urban-Night and peeled the tape off. I learnt a valuable lesson with this mani - always take the tape off when the polish is wet! You get a much cleaner line and you don't risk peeling the polish off with the tape.  
Here's the shoe box that inspired the mani. Pretty close, no?
A snap with my new little buddy. Isn't he the cutest little owl ring you've ever seen?

Just a quickie today! Hope you're enjoying your Friday! Woo, weekend!! =D