Wednesday 12 September 2012

Pink Wednesday: Fadin' Gradien'

Weee! It's Wednesday!! As you know On Wednesdays We Wear Pink and today's extra pink mani features a gradient with some stamping thrown in for good measure. 
I started off with two coats of BYS French White, and when that was dry I sponged on a gradient in French White, China Glaze Something Sweet and OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips. I know, I know, KMOMYT again?? I'm sorry! I swear I'll venture into other polishes soon =P.
While I thought this was pretty nifty, it was a bit blah and 'done', so I wanted to add a little sumthin' sumthin' to kick it up to the next level of mani... Enter my Bundle Monster stamping plates!
I waited and waited and waited 'til my gradient was completely dry (without any help from Seche Vite because I've found my stamps don't work well over top of that glossy glass finish!) and stamped in BYS French White with Bundle Monster plate BM322
I like how the stamp looks like it's fading out into the white, or the gradient looks like it's fading in, or something... It's a cool effect =P. Can't wait to try this with other colour combos and stamps! Those 2012 Bundle Monster stamping plates are just incredible. Loves 'em! 
Here's a snap of the gradient while I was waiting for it to dry. I really like the texture on these babies. Maybe I'm just bored of ye olde glossy glossy? Meh, I think it's cool ;-).

How do you mix up a mani you've done before? Do you like gradients with a tonne of colours or only a couple? Happy Wednesday, lovelies, thanks for stopping by!! =D