Thursday 27 September 2012

Dots on a Stranger Tide

Hello you lovely people! Hope you're having a wonderful day =D Mine was pretty wonderful - I did.... nothing. Absolutely nothing! It was great! Don't cha just love those days? Today's mani features a polish I bought a while ago and lost instantly to my mother's stash. I re-adopted it and found it extremely difficult to take off because I loved it so much! I'm really not a green-polish kinda gal, but OPI Stranger Tides won me over in a heartbeat.
This is two coats over a base coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu!. TBH, the base coat really doesn't make a difference to this shade, it's just a precaution because I'm trying to encourage my nails to un-stain themselves ;-). If any of you have at-home tips for nail stain removal, I'd appreciate them! I've already tried the lemon juice and the baking soda ones to no avail. Humph. 
Yummy yummy yummy! This grey-green has enough green in it to make sure it's definitely a green, but lacks enough green to be wearable everyday. My other couple of green polishes get pulled out for Christmas and St Patrick's day, and for the occasional rainbow, but otherwise I steer WELL clear of green polish. Not this baby. We've started a very serious affair ♥♥.
It took me a long time (and a couple of tries) to decide what, if any, design to put over Stranger Tides. I thought black would dampen it too much, stamping would hide too much of the shade, I didn't want to marble with it, I even considered pairing it with a lilac for a while (still a combo that I want to try sometime, whaddaya think?), and finally settled on a tape / dot design with white that amplifies the deliciousness that is this nail polish.
I used a small/medium dotting tool for the polka dots on my middle and pinky fingers, and used this technique on my index and ring fingers, except I taped down the nail on a diagonal instead of across the tip and painted the exposed nail in OPI Alpine Snow, the same polish I dotted with.
I think I'm getting pretty good at my polka dotting, whaddaya reckon?
I really like how this mani turned out, especially as it took me about 3 days to settle on a design I really liked! Yeah, I am extremely indecisive... Anywho, do you like it? What's your favourite polish that you can't bear to cover? Thank you so much for reading!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week! =)