Wednesday 19 September 2012

Pink Wednesday: Hot Patootie!

Hiya, lovelies! So I had the idea for today's Pink Wednesday post all ready and set in my head, and then I went and checked the mail and this little baby had turned up! I wasn't expecting her until tomorrow, but as she's pink and arrived on a Wednesday, I decided it must be fate and decided to swatch my newbie instead! So even though you miss out on my kick-ass nail art idea for Pink Wednesday, you know next week's gonna be thought out =P. May I present my newest baby: Sally Hansen Frutti Petutie.
Yummy yum yum!! The 'complete salon manicure' range claims to have a base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, colour and top coat all packed into the bottle. Honestly, I just got this one for the colour =P All of these photos are two coats with no top coat. Shock! I know! For once, my beloved Seche Vite stayed on the shelf!
Even though all the photos were taken in the exact same lighting conditions, you can already see the colour changing nature of this baby. As I sit here at my desk, I think it's red, pink, and coral all at the same time. The finish on this polish has such a jelly look but the formula is an opaque delish creme that glides on like butter. I did have a few little streaky-streaks on layer 1 but they, and my nail line, disappeared with the second coat.
I swear all these photos are the same polish! These last two capture the pink hue best. Just look at that shine! You can defo see that they've put effort into building a 'top coat' finish on this one. I was so excited to get this baby on my tips that I was really sloppy with my application, and that left some colour around my cuticles even after cleaning up with pure acetone. It claims to have a base coat included in the polish, but it's such a strong colour that I'm interested to find out what happens when I try to remove it. I only had one coat of OPI Nail Envy nail strengthener on under the polish, which I have recently discovered does NOT work as a stain-resistant base coat! I guess we'll see... =P
See, it is a pink polish! Because my camera couldn't quite figure out what colour to capture, I decided to get some blue in a shot to get the pink to come out and play. Lovely shot of my coloured cuticles, aye? ;-) Conclusion: YUM! As we're heading into Spring (then Summer, for those of you keeping track...) I feel like this is going to be on my tips a LOT for the next wee while. It's just calling to be wrapped around some iced glass of something on the beach, dont'cha think?

What was the last polish you bought that couldn't decide what colour it wanted to be? Do you stick to the seasons with your manis or just wear whatever you feel like year round? Thanks SO much for stopping by! =D