Sunday 2 September 2012

MOAR BLUE!!!

Okay, okay, this will be my last blue post in a while. Maybe. I know I've been going overboard with my blue polishes lately, so after today I'll try to give you guys a break =P. Today's mani is pretty simple - Revlon Indigo Night with blue nail tape from the BornPrettyStore for the accent nails.
This is two coats of Indigo Night though one probably would've done - the Revlon Colorstay polishes are massively saturated, love it! I thought about using silver nail tape for the accent nail but decided it would stand out too much, so I went for a matchy-matchy look instead. From a distance / without looking too hard, the accent nail wasn't particularly noticeable apart from it being a little bit shinier than the other nails. I like that - subtle fanciness!
I Seche Vite'd my nails after I painted them before starting to tape. I know from experience that the teeny tiny little stripes of tape don't always fall exactly where you were aiming for, so a seriously dry base is a must. Another coat of the magic Seche Vite over the stripes helped to smooth everything out and helps the tape wear longer.
When I showed this mani to my Mum, she said "They look like blue bottle flies bums!". Thanks, Mum. I see what she meant though - the colour and shimmery-ness of the tape has the same effect as those little guys when they're buzzing in the sunlight. 

Whaddaya think? Do you like an obvious accent nail or are you sweet as with the subtleness? What was the weirdest comment someone's made about one of your manis? Hope you're having lovely weekends, lovely people, and happy long weekend to you State-side peeps!